As Dubai prepares to step into the world spotlight during Expo 2020 in October, the city will needs all hands on deck as more than one million visitors are expected to pass through the emirate. Even by Dubai’s over-the-top standards, it’s going to be the biggest event they’ve ever hosted.
If you’re thinking about being part of the six-month long festival, there are over 30,000 volunteer spots up for grabs that will give you behind-the-scenes access to all the action. Over 30 different types of volunteering roles will need to be filled — from welcoming guests to guiding visitors around the massive Expo site. Here’s a quick breakdown of how you can sign up to volunteer…
How to apply to become an Expo 2020 volunteer:
To join the Expo 2020 Volunteers Programme, follow the below steps:
- Go to www.expo2020dubai.com/volunteers and sign up
- Check your email inbox
- You will receive an email from Expo 2020 Volunteers
- Click on ‘Complete the Application’
- After completing the application you will be contacted via email within four weeks for an interview. Once it’s scheduled, you’ll be called in for a brief 15-minute interview.
To be eligible:
- UAE nationals or residents with a valid Emirates ID
- Aged 18 or above as (of 20 October 2020)
- Able to communicate proficiently in English or have good command of Arabic or English sign languages
- Able to volunteer for 10 shifts or more within a two-month period from 20 October 2020 to 10 April 2021
- Complete fully the registration process and successfully pass the interview
- Complete the 4 days’ Volunteers training in Dubai and collect the Volunteers’ uniform from Expo 2020 Uniform and Accreditation Distribution Centre