Calling all beauty buffs: are you ready to experience a true taste of the Dubai high life? Swap the hectic malls for urban vibes and get ready to unwind in the heart of the city’s trendiest neighbourhood. From funky nail art and hair transformations to relaxing facials and one-of-a-kind fashion, City Walk Dubai really does have it all. With summer in sight, we decided to treat ourselves to the ultimate pamper day at some of the best beauty salons in Dubai.
1. Kérastase Paris
Anyone else suffering from a dose of DHF (Dubai Humidity Frizz) in this summer heat? The first of its kind in the city, Kérastase Paris is the only beauty ritual you need to bring your hair back to life. We dropped in for a personalised hair experience with a Kérastase expert. Our experience kicked off with a professional hair and scalp diagnosis and, five minutes later, we were drifting off on a reclining leather chair while getting the best head massage we’ve ever had. With a lab-style display of hair care rituals, we were able to customise our hair treatment based on what we wanted to achieve (volume, shine and no frizz!). From dry locks to va-va-volume, let’s just say we walked out flicking back the hair like total divas.
The O-M-Glamorous factors:
- The VIP-style reclining chair during our hair wash
- The high-tech camera used to diagnose our hair and scalp
- The private treatment room that looked like it was taken out of a scene from Sex and the City
- The customisable Fusio-Dose treatment for an instant hair boost
2. The Loft Fifth Avenue
Bringing NYC loft vibes to Dubai’s beauty scene, The Loft Fifth Avenue has quickly become a popular style hub in the city. Set in an urban space with futuristic silver chairs and eye-catching wall art, it’s considered one of the best beauty salons in Dubai. Whether you fancy some NYC 3-colour highlights or a Brazilian Blow-out, this quirky beauty destination has got you covered.
- The trained hairstylists that are recognised internationally
- Textured nail art techniques with a matte finish
- Permanent and ammonia-free Inoa hair colour treatments
3. Nails Avenue by Essie
When it comes to the world of nail polish, Essie has definitely stolen our heart. The same goes for Nails Avenue, an entire salon solely dedicated to this fashion-forward cosmetics brand. We loved how minimalist shades of grey and red are brought to life with vibrant bursts of colour from the polish displays. Comfy chairs, a magical seaweed foot scrub, and thorough nail technicians that strived for nothing but perfection, we can honestly say we were living the life. We’d highly recommend the Essie Gel Couture range; it has the same long-wear effect as Gelish but without the hassle of removing it.
We’ll be back for more of:
- The long-lasting Gel Couture range (we went for Couture Curator)
- The effective seaweed scrub that literally worked wonders
- The massive array of nail polish colours – we’re talking pastel, dark and everything in between!
4. N. Bar
Cool, chic and modern, N. Bar is a favourite among most beauty divas in the city, and now we know why. Reinventing your typical salon with a contemporary edge, expect to find everything from Gel mani-pedis and Phyto Caviar Radiance facials to eyebrow tinting and the infamous Phillip B 4-step hair treatment.
- The special mini treatments for your little princess
- The funky nail art and crystal nail embellishment add-ons
- The express facials that are perfect for those quick lunchtime pamper sessions
When it comes to specialist spas in Dubai, we think we’ve found a new favourite. A hidden gem along City Walk’s famed Al Mustaqbal Street, the Shiseido spa is a Japanese-inspired haven for beauty and skin enthusiasts. Our skin examination revealed a lot more than we’d like, but the Hydro-Perfecting Facial that soon followed fixed each and every imperfection. A relaxing spa experience with a beautifying twist, Shiseido is definitely one worth checking out.
The WOW factors:
- The IBUKI (means inner strength in Japanese) skincare collection which combats dryness and roughness
- The pre-facial skin examination using a special camera
- The relaxing treatment room equipped with its own shower and changing facility
- The Hydro-Perfecting Facial which helps to nurture and protect against 40-degree temperatures
6. Poupa Salon & Nail Spa
A lounge that offers everything under one roof, Poupa Salon & Nail Spa is a trendy hangout for ladies looking for the ultimate beauty boost. Expect white interiors with incredibly comfy pedicure chairs, ready to send you into a deep sleep. It’s not every day you can get your nails, hair and facial done all in one place – not to mention the slimming treatments, hair removal and body massage up for grabs, too.
Drop by for:
- The array of beauty services under one roof
- The regular monthly promotions
- The special hair treatments for those with sensitive scalps
Keep it glam, ladies!