Put on your dancing shoes because Bluewaters has been transformed into a giant open-air stage — and everyone’s invited to show off their favorite moves! It’s the final month of the ‘Create Wonders’ activation at Bluewaters… and they’re going out with a bang with a free weekend event series called Dance Groove, running every Thursday, Friday and Saturday until April 27.
Every weekend will feature free dance workshops, awesome live entertainment, outdoor cinema nights and open-mic performances. So if you’re in the mood to move your feet, it’s time to shake things up at Bluewaters…
Get your Dance Groove on with free workshops
Free dance workshops?! Ohhh yeah! Dance Groove is featuring complimentary 60 and 90-minute dance workshops for both adults and children… and they’ve got some talented instructors on-hand to get you moving. Here’s what you shouldn’t miss…
- Friday, 19 April: Tap dance from 4pm-5pm | Street dance from 7pm-8pm
- Saturday, 20 April: Hip-hop from 4pm-5pm
- Friday, 26 April: Ballet from 4pm-5pm | Street dance from 7pm-8pm
- Saturday, 27 April: Ballet from 4pm-5pm
Also, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the dance floor vinyls dotting the island — they’ll remind you of Dance Dance Revolution with step-by-step instructions on everything from salsa to tango!
Come down for the live performances
There’s no escaping the rhythm and beats on Bluewaters this April with live dance acts every Friday from 6pm to 9pm. From salsa troupes and breakdancers to quirky ballet acts that will light up the night in LED colors, it’s your chance to enjoy unique performances from some of the city’s most passionate dancers.
Open-mic nights and cinema under the stars nights
The Wonder Stage at Bluewaters is going to be your new weekend hangout in April. Don’t miss…
- Outdoor cinema nights: Every Thursday from 8pm, come down for free movie nights under the stars with a line-up of dance movie classics set to screen including Footloose on 18 April and La La Land on 25 April.
- Open-mic nights: Every Saturday from 8pm, grab a seat to enjoy performances from up-and-coming local talents.
So you think you can dance?! Head down to Bluewaters’ weekend series Dance Groove every Thursday, Friday and Saturday until April 27! Plan your visit with this full schedule of timings and events.