Melt-in-your-mouth brisket, dry-aged beef ribs and ‘fired-up’ chicken wings… it’s not every day you come across a foodie joint that literally turns the heat up at your dinner party. SMK Dubai is a new Smoked Meat Kitchen that offers both beachside dining at La Mer Dubai, as well as a unique ‘Cater & Carve‘ service where a Smoke Master comes to your home and flames meat at your dining table.
We recently called the SMK team over for a team lunch and got to watch UK Smoke Master, Luke Tully, put on a flamin’ hot show. SMK Dubai, you had us at ‘Eat, Meat, Repeat…‘
‘Cater & Carve’ with SMK Dubai at home
Serving up smokin’ hot USDA certified meat from the States, these guys really do live up to their ‘Smoke Master’ title. SMK slowly smokes all of its meat over English Oak for a long period of time, with its brisket slow-cooked to perfection for around 12 hours! ‘Mouth-watering’ is an understatement… These guys seriously know the secret to making perfectly-cooked meat that’s tender, juicy and oh-so succulent.
After seeing SMK pop up on our Insta radar, we decided to put them to the test with a team lunch. SMK’s Chief Smoke Operator and Smoke Master showed up (we could smell the meat from a mile off) with smoked brisket, beef ribs and BBQ-glazed chicken wings – all of which had already been slow-cooked at SMK’s central kitchen in Al Quoz. Trust us when we say, SMK’s mobile carvery will definitely be a crowd-pleaser at your next dinner party. Did we mention that they can cater for up to 100 people?!
We tucked into…
- Smoked brisket buns… made with melt-in-your-mouth brisket in between an SMK-stamped bun and topped with house-made pickled red chilli
- Smoked chicken wings… glazed with homemade BBQ sauce (the sauce is made with 20 different ingredients and cooked for 10 hours!) and served alongside blue cheese dip
- Dry-aged beef ribs… flamed to perfection and topped off with pickled red chilli
Expect to pay around…
- AED 560 for the SMK corporate package which feeds 8 people
- AED 1,300 for the SMK Smoked Meat catering package which feeds 15-18 people
- You can also add a full rack of ribs (recommended!) to the above packages for an additional AED 350
‘Eat, Meat, Repeat’ at La Mer Dubai
You’ll also find SMK Dubai cooking up a shoreline storm in a ‘fancy’ shack at La Mer Dubai, with its incredible smoked brisket buns, BBQ glazed smoked chicken wings and more foodie faves. Kick back beachside at SMK’s funky La Mer hangout, or order your favourite smoked treat for delivery via Deliveroo, Talabat or Uber Eats. For a full list of SMK Dubai prices, flick to SMK’s online menu.