Shaking up Dubai’s foodie scene with impressive meaty creations, The Hide Dubai is one of the city’s best-kept secrets. Uber-cool, modern and incredibly authentic, this American meatery in Jumeirah Al Qasr offers everything from unique Flat Iron Steaks to drool-worthy Campfire S’mores.
Expect a unique dining experience, complete with rustic charm and classic comfort food that’ll leave you wanting more. We went down to check it out, and let’s just say, this place is literally a meat lover’s dream come true.
“There’s a classiness to being understated.”
Oozing understated elegance with a homey feel, expect brickwork décor, red leather booths and an eye-catching wall centrepiece covered in steak knives. If that doesn’t impress you, wait until you see the talented meat experts working their culinary magic in the open kitchen.
What we loved:
- The vintage wine cellar at the entrance.
- The spacious bar with red leather bar stools and entertaining mixologists.
- The origami-style napkins in the shape of a bull’s head.
“No fancy moves, just incredible steaks.”
Meat lover? The Hide’s unique steak craftsmanship alone is enough to make your jaw drop – it certainly impressed us! The restaurant is even home to its own Meat Locker which preserves dry aged cuts for a minimum of 28 days; it has a specific temperature and humidity level, allowing the beef to become more tender and flavourful.
What we loved:
- The creative food presentation… we’re talking wooden slabs paired with steak knives that look like mini axes.
- The mouth-watering sourdough bread finished in duck fat and served with smoked sea salt.
- The chicken wings and waffles with piping hot maple syrup.
Check out the video!
“At The Hide, the show is in the beef.”
With the likes of ‘The Hide’s Forgotten Cuts‘, ‘American Prime Time‘ and ‘Pimped Out Potatoes‘ on the menu, you can guarantee you’re in for a reaaaal meaty treat. A dish in particular we couldn’t get enough of was the Flat Iron Steak; it’s made up of a shoulder cut which is favoured by butchers, and isn’t what you’d expect from a typical steak. But sssshhhhh – you need to keep that one a secret.
What we loved:
- The Campfire S’mores – amaaaaazing is an understatement!
- The Hide “Manwich” made with smoked brisket and Iberico beef.
- The selection of steak sauces – think smoked brandy with peppercorn, BBQ and more.
Weekly events to pencil in
Down Home at The Hide
Head down on Wednesdays and enjoy steak with a side of Southern country. Down Home is a country duo that wow the crowds every Wednesday at The Hide.
When: every Wednesday, 7pm to 11pm
- Feast menu with house beverages: AED 365 with house beverages
- Feast menu with soft beverages: AED 295 with beverages
- A la carte dining is also available
The Hide’s Grape Hour
At The Hide, Saturdays were made for wine tasting. Enjoy an exclusive tour with the restaurant’s sommelier through a vintage selection from The Hide’s cellar.
When: every Saturday, 5pm to 7pm
Price: AED 199 per person
Calling all gents: you’d better keep Tuesday free as that’s when The Hide does its Gentleman’s Night. Gents can enjoy 2-for-1 on American Prime Time cuts.
When: every Tuesday, 6pm onwards
For bookings and reservations, get in touch with The Hide on +971 4 432 3232 or email Restaurants@jumeirah.com.