If you or someone you know is travelling through Dubai during the holidays, Emirates has some simple advice for you: arrive early to Dubai airport… especially this weekend.
Dubai Airport’s busiest weekend
Emirates is predicting that the year’s busiest travel period will begin on Thursday, December 14 and continue all weekend, with Friday expected to be the busiest day of 2017. That said, you’ll want to make sure you’re not rushing to clear airport security. Here’s what you should know…
- There are road works happening around the main airport highways and roads, so plan your journey ahead.
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight departure.
- Check in no later than 2 hours prior to departure. (Customers who check in less than 60 minutes prior to their scheduled flight departure will not be accepted for travel.)
- Customers can check in online from 48 hours to 90 minutes before flight departure.
- Boarding starts 45 minutes before each flight and gates close 20 minutes before departure.
Special check-in area for families
Some useful info for parents: You can check in for your flight in a special section reserved for families. You’ll find the check-in counters at Area 2 in Terminal 3 in Dubai Airport.
READ MORE: Here are all the cool things you can enjoy at Dubai Airport… before you fly!