New Year’s Eve is the busiest night of the year in Dubai, will millions taking to the streets for public celebrations. Be wise and plan your journey ahead with a few helpful updates from the RTA. Here’s what you should know…
Dubai Metro, Tram and buses
Buses: There will be hundreds of free shuttle buses available at multiple points throughout Downtown, Zabeel Park, Trade Centre, Al Wasl Club and The Dubai Mall. The buses will transport crowds to nearby Metro stations at no charge.
Dubai Metro: The Red Line will operate Sunday, December 31, from 5am-midnight, until Tuesday, January 2. The Green Line will operate Sunday, December 31, from 5:30am-midnight, until Tuesday, January 2. Important note: Burj Khalifa Metro Station will be closed from 10pm onwards.
Dubai Tram: Operating from Sunday, December 31, 6am to 1am (of the following day) until Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard will be closed between 5pm – 8pm once parking is full.
- Financial Centre St. and Al Sukuk St. will be closed at 8pm.
- Al Asayel Street will be closed from 4pm (from Oud Metha St to Financial Centre St).
- Al Murooj Rotana intersection heading towards Burj Khalifa will be closed at 6pm.
- All paid parking zones in Dubai will be free from Sunday, December 31 until January 2, 2018. Normal fees will return on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Take note that taxis will not be allowed in the Downtown area after 8pm when roads shut down.