Residents using public transport this weekend will want to take note of changes in timings due to the occasion of Isra Wal Miraj, a public holiday in UAE on Saturday. Here’s what you should know…
RTA announces new timings for Isra Wal Miraj holiday
The RTA has announced changes to the business hours and timings of all its services in Dubai on Saturday, April 14. All customer service outlets will also be closed to mark the public holiday.
Free parking in Dubai
All paid parking zones will be free across the emirate during the holiday, except for the multi-level parking lots. Paid parking fees will be reactivated on Sunday, April 15.
Dubai Metro timings
- Metro Red Line stations will operate from 5am to midnight
- Green Line stations will operate from 5:30am to midnight
- Dubai Tram will be in service from 6am to 1am (of the following day)
Bus timings and feeder services
The timing of public buses at various stations on Saturday will be as follows:
- Main bus stations such as Gold Souq will operate from 4:25am to 12:57am (past midnight)
- Al Ghubaiba Station will be in service from 4:26am to 12:45am (past midnight)
- Sub-stations, such as Satwa, will start from 4:57am to 11:05pm (except for Route C01, which operates, around-the-clock)
- Al Qusais Station will run bus services from 4:30am to 12:12am (past midnight), and Al Quoz Industrial Station will be in operation from 5:02 am to 11:35pm. Jebel Ali Station will operate from 5am to 11:22pm.
- Metro feeder bus stations at Rashidiya, Mall of the Emirates, Ibn Battuta, Burj Khalifa, Abu Hail, and Etisalat will be in service from 5am to 1:10 am (of the following day). The timing of all feeder bus services will be synchronised with the timing of the metro journeys.
Inter-city bus stations will be operating as follows:
- Main stations, such as Al Ghubaiba, will be operating around the clock to Sharjah (Jubail), and Abu Dhabi service will be running from 4:40am to 1am (of the following day)
- Substations, such as Union Square, will be in service from 4:35 am to 12:30am (past midnight). Al Sabkha Station will run from 6:30am until midnight, and Deira City Centre Station will be operating from 6:07 am to 11:06 pm. Karama Station will run bus services from 6:10am to 10:16pm, and Al Ahli Club Station will run from 5:55 am to 10:15pm.
The timing of marine transit services during the holiday will be as follows:
- The Water Bus will run at Marina Stations (Marina Mall, Marina Walk, Marina Terrace, Marina Promenade) from 12pm to midnight.
- Dubai Ferry will be calling at Ghubaiba and Marina Stations at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm and 6:30pm. The Ferry will operate from Al Jaddaf Station to Dubai Water Canal Station at 12pm, and 5:30 pm, and from Dubai Water Canal Station to Al Jaddaf Station at 2:05pm and 7:35 pm. The Water Taxi will operate from 9am until 10pm.
- Traditional abras will operate in Dubai Creek Stations (Ghubaiba, Baniyas, Dubai Old Souq and Al Seef) from 10am to midnight. At the Sheikh Zayed Road Station, abras will operate from 4pm to 11:30pm. The Electric Abra will operate from Al Qasr Hotel Station to Dubai Mall from 12pm to 11:30pm, and at Burj Plaza Station from 12pm to 11:30pm.
READ MORE: UAE Announces Isra Wal Miraj Holiday Dates