We’ve witnessed a lot of fireworks in Dubai over the years. They’re always spectacular. Always creative. And always over-the-top. It’s just how they roll.
So prepare yourselves for some major celebrations this year as the nation marks the 46th UAE National Day.
Where to watch the fireworks in Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi:
- Burj Khalifa: One of the most popular spots to view the National Day fireworks this year will be at Burj Khalifa. If you’ve ever seen Downtown during New Year’s Eve celebrations, you’ll know that this city hotspot likes to impress when the world’s tallest tower is in the spotlight. Don’t miss it on December 2.
- La Mer: This is probably where you’ll find us over National Day weekend… simply because we’ve been dying to check out La Mer since the beachside destination launched this year. They’re showcasing a spectacular fireworks displays that will light up the skies over Jumeirah and beyond. Don’t miss it on December 1.
- The Beach, opposite JBR: Get down here EARLY to make sure you get the best possible view of this fireworks spectacle that dominates the Marina skyline. We highly suggest using the Metro/Tram as early in the day as you can to avoid the massive queues and nightmare JBR traffic (public transportation is the future… duh.) Don’t miss it on December 2.
- Dubai Festival City: As always, Dubai Festival City has something amazing planned for this UAE National Day! Get to Festival Bay at 1.30pm for an entire day of entertainment – you can expect flypast jets, dance performances, sky-high stunts, TWO firework displays, and a brand-new IMAGINE show that pays tribute to Emirati culture. Trust us: there’s good reason it won a Guinness World Record. Here is a full breakdown of the National Day celebrations at Dubai Festival City Mall. Don’t miss it on December 2.
- Abu Dhabi (tbc): We’re expecting dazzling shows on the Abu Dhabi Corniche and Yas Island. Once plans are confirmed, we’ll be updating this list.
- Sharjah Corniche (tbc): See above (… we promise!)
A peek back at UAE National Day celebrations last year…
Want to explore more of Dubai? insydo friends, you’ve come to the right place!
Image credit: Jumeirah