We volunteer as tribute! Who can resist a good Hunger Games reference, which is why we’re literally blown away by this awesome news from Dubai Parks and Resorts: the world’s first Hunger Games theme park is now open in Dubai!
Lionsgate, the film production company behind the monster trilogy, has finally opened the doors to the new Motiongate attraction called: ‘The World of The Hunger Games.’ You’ll know exactly where you are once you pass the giant Mockingjay pin in the plaza entrance… the entire atmosphere gives us goosebumps!
Hunger Games comes to life
‘The World of The Hunger Games’ is now officially the largest Hollywood-inspired theme park in the Middle East. Your journey through the themed land follows in the footsteps of District 12 tribute Katniss Everdeen as she competes in the fictional Panem…. and it’s non-stop action! Attractions include:
- Panem Aerial Tour: a hovercraft simulator ride that glides across the 12 districts of Panem. Prepare to be under attack!
- Capitol Bullet Train: a half-pipe roller coaster that transports riders to the Capitol (traveling forwards and backwards.) It’s an 85-foot-tall double-inversion coaster featuring a 90-degree reverse spike that briefly suspends riders upside down (seriously.) The 1,870-foot-long ride reaches a top speed of 80 kph.
- Coal Miner’s Clash: a festive, high-energy percussion show that’s based on one of the districts of Panem. You’ll find it really entertaining.
- *Peeta’s Bakery*: grab a bite to eat at this F&B station that serves over 20 themed delicacies. We legit have to try them all.
Hollywood magic at Dubai Parks and Resorts…
Via Instagram | @georginaspencer
This themed land goes above and beyond to make the magic of The Hunger Games come to life.
Throughout the park, you’ll find video screens playing messages from the likes of Caesar Flickerman (played by actor Stanley Tucci), along with other movie characters. The park is immersive, mind-blowing, and pays incredible attention to detail.
Ticket prices and special offers:
- GCC Residents offer: a one-day pass to Motiongate and Legoland will cost AED 165 per person for GCC residents (don’t forget to bring your UAE ID)
- Non-residents offer: a one-day pass will start at AED 235
- Q-Fast: add the Q-Fast to your ticket to Motiongate and jump into the action faster. Skip the regular queues for all rides a single time with Q-Fast or get unlimited access for the day with Q-Fast Unlimited. Prices start at AED 125 depending on which add-on you purchase.
May the odds be ever in your favour! (sorry… we couldn’t help it)
Credit: Dubai Parks and Resorts
Are you a theme park addict? Check out more action-packed Dubai adventures on insydo!