Ready to enjoy movies under the stars? Everyone’s favourite open air cinema is back at The Beach opposite JBR during the Dubai Film Festival… and it’s absolutely FREE.
Eight films will be shown between December 6 to December 13. All you have to do is head down, pull up a seat beachside and watch the movie magic unfold. Here’s a complete schedule of what’s coming…
Wednesday, December 6
- The first open-air screening kicks off with Beyond The Clouds – Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi’s first Hindi film about love, life and relationships. 8pm, at The Beach.
Thursday, December 7
- Journey to the highest peaks in the world with Award-winning Director Jennifer Peedom’s epic new documentary, Mountain, narrated by two-time Oscar nominee Willem Dafoe. 7.30 pm, at The Beach.
Friday, December 8
- Catch the world premiere of A Grain of Sand from renowned British guitarist and composer, Jason Carter. The screening will also feature live performances of figjeri, or ‘sea music’ with musical accompaniment. 7.30 pm, at The Beach.
Saturday, December 9
- Winners of the 48-hour film competition will have their films screened at the open-air cinema. Don’t miss it at 6pm, at The Beach.
- British-Tunisian filmmaker Claire Belhassine’s debut film, The Man Behind the Microphone tells the story of Hedi Jouini, dubbed the Frank Sinatra of Tunisian music. This stunning non-fiction, biographical piece reveals the incredible story of the godfather of Tunisian music. 7.30 pm, at The Beach.
Sunday, December 10
- The ‘Grandfather of Lebanese cinema’ Georges Nasser’s 60-year-old directorial masterpiece, Where To? is acclaimed as the benchmark of its genre, and the 1957 black and white film will now be screened at The Beach. 7.30 pm, at The Beach.
Monday, December 11
- Michael Roberts makes his debut with, Manolo: The Boy Who Made Shoes for Lizards, a documentary biopic about Manolo Blahnik, one of the World’s most influential designers and peeks into the vibrant inner world of the usually mysterious designer. Featuring Blahnik himself and interviews from Naomi Campbell, Rihanna, Rupert Everett, and Anna Wintour. 7.30 pm, at The Beach.
Tuesday, December 12
- The original black-and-white, adventure-fantasy epic from 1933, King Kong splashes down at The Beach tonight with a restored edition of the monster movie, from Director Merian C. Cooper, and Ernest B. Schoedsack, that will reanimate the terrifying Gorilla’s rampage through 1930’s Manhattan in all its splendour. 7.30 pm, at The Beach.
Wednesday, December 13
- Closing the line-up is writer and director Kurt Voelker’s American comedy-drama, The Bachelors, starring Oscar winner J.K Simmons. The story of a widowed man and his son moving across America, their lives are changed forever by two unique women who teach them to embrace life, and love again. 7.30 pm, at The Beach.
Want more? Check out these outdoor cinemas in Dubai that movie fanatics will love!