From a Mona Lisa painting made out of toast to a five-legged cow, believe it or not… Ripley’s Believe It or Not! has landed at WAFI for the first time — and it’s FREE to visit until late November! To top it off, you could also win a family trip to visit the home of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! in Orlando, USA.
Think you’ve seen it all? Prepare to witness some of the world’s most bizarre attractions on showcase at WAFI right now. Here are a few amazing highlights that we can’t forget…
A weird, wacky and wild time at Ripley’s at WAFI
Out of approximately 75 weird and wonderful Ripley’s Believe It or Not! attractions spread out all across WAFI, these were some of our favourites…
- The miniature exhibits: This showcase celebrates the work of artist Willard Wigan, who creates unbelievably tiny handmade art sculptures – so small they could fit through the head of a needle! You’ll have to see it to believe it…
- Contortion box: Think you can contort your entire body into a tiny box? We sent our most flexible team member down to try it out, and after a lot of bending and wriggling – she just about fit in. Good luck!
- Hobby art: Ever seen a Mona Lisa made out of toasted bread? A lion’s head made out of colouring pencils? Or how about a gigantic Van Gogh painting made from postcards of his own paintings? Yep, art lovers will absolutely love this quirky exhibit.
- Gate that (somehow) opens: We tried for sooo long, but we just couldn’t figure it out! We won’t give the trick away, but let’s just say you’ll need more than logic to open the gate
- Recycled art: From a T-Rex made out of recycled car tires to a replica of the Titanic made out of matchsticks, this creative exhibit is so cool!
- Five-legged cow: Yep, this five-legged cow actually existed at a point in time, and if that isn’t weird enough already, the extra leg had two feet!
Enter the draw for a free trip to Orlando:
Visit Ripley’s at WAFI and you can enter the raffle draw to win a trip to visit the home of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! in Orlando, USA. Here’s how to enter…
- Collect your Wafi Explorer passport and map from the kiosk at the main entrance.
- Visit all of the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! attractions across the mall (…there are around 75), and stamp your passport at each exhibit.
- Once you’ve collected all the stamps, return to the kiosk to fill in your details and enter the raffle draw.
- Keep your passport with you, which also includes discount vouchers for outlets around WAFI.
- Winners for the family trip to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! in Orlando will be announced in the first week of December.
Win AED 1,000 at WAFI’s Halloween Bash:
This month also happens to be the #MonthOfStrange at WAFI! Yep, we even spotted a mummy running around the mall – sooo weird! Don’t miss WAFI’s Halloween Bash on the 26th and 27th October as they gear up for an epic celebration of all things spooky and strange.
Guests can expect trick-or-treating, face painting, arts and crafts, ghoulish games, costume competitions and more. Make sure to dress up in your weirdest or spookiest outfit – the prize for this year’s costume competition is AED 1,000 in cash!
WAFI’s Halloween Bash will also feature a ‘Find the Mummy’ competition on both days between 3pm and 4pm. All you have to do to enter the competition is spot the mummy around the mall, take a selfie with him, and then upload it on social media with the hashtag #MonthOfStrange. Winners will get to walk away with vouchers worth AED 400.
When: 26th and 27th October, from 2pm to 7pm
What: Ripley’s Believe It or Not! at WAFI
Price: Free entry
When: Daily until late November, 2018
Where: WAFI, Oud Metha
For more information, visit the WAFI website or call +971 4 324 4555.