There has been a buzz around Wafi Mall since UAE Flag Day last week! With Martyr’s Day and the 46th UAE National Day just around the corner, Wafi Mall is inviting the people of Dubai to pledge “A Hand for the Nation”. Each pledge (your handprint) will help to form a small part of a large UAE Flag, which is designed to light up entirely once 46,000 pledges have been received!
“A Hand for the Nation”
We took a trip to Wafi Mall to participate and see the flag come to life as visitors pledged their support to the UAE. Here’s what you should know:
- Wafi Mall is inviting the nation to join a month-long journey that celebrates pride, passion and creativity.
- In addition to showcasing the city’s history, the Main Atrium of the mall is calling on Dubai to pledge support to the UAE.
- This year, ahead of the 46th UAE National Day, Wafi Mall wants to gather 46,000 handprints of gratitude to illuminate the UAE National Flag, and they want us all to be involved.
- Throughout the month of November, Wafi Mall visitors will have the opportunity to pledge their commitment through a specially designed digital activation
- There will also be a schedule of activities happening throughout the month.
What else is happening at Wafi Mall?
- Wafi Mall visitors will also be able to check out the ARTE arts & crafts market on 11th November.
- Handpicked performances and shows will entertain guests on the National Day weekend.
- Children from across Dubai schools and special needs centres will be welcomed all month for a distinct and unifying experience that will impart the Nation’s astonishing 46-year journey in a colourful manner.
UAE National Day at Wafi Mall
The month-long campaign will end with the launch of the all-new WAFI Light & Sound Show, just in time to celebrate the Country’s 46th National Day.
Where: The Main Atrium at Wafi Mall
When: Now until National Day on December 2nd
Wafi Mall opening hours: Saturday to Wednesday, 10am to 10pm. Thursday and Friday, 10am to 12am.