Where creativity meets island vibes, round two of Bluewaters’ ‘Create Wonders‘ event is now in full swing! Running until March 30, the destination’s ‘Open Gallery‘ month is bringing together an exciting array of art-focused workshops, free concerts, movie nights and live performances, every weekend. So, round up the family, head down to Bluewaters and get ready to unleash your creativity!
Art workshops… for free!
Every Friday and Saturday, you’ll see Bluewaters transformed into a creative hub for families where they can enjoy interactive activities in the great outdoors. Aside from the free workshops, there’s also live art roaming around the island, a funky glow room, and a huge cube where kids are free to doodle away. Here’s a rundown of all the child-friendly activities and free workshops in store:
- 3D Letters – (15th & 29th March)
- Beach Painting – (15th & 29th March)
- Warhol-Inspired Art – (15th & 29th March)
- Flower Crown – (15th March)
- Mother’s Day Heart Canvas – (16th March)
- Shark on Canvas – (16th March)
- Shell on Canvas – (22nd March)
- Unicorn Dream Catchers – (22nd March)
- Glow Bottles for Earth Day – (23rd March)
- Blank Canvas Community Art – (23rd March)
- Graffiti on Canvas – (23rd & 30th March)
- Slime Aquarium – (30th March)
Live entertainment with a view
Open mic nights, live music and stand-up comedy… if you’re looking for free entertainment with a skyline backdrop, this is the place to go! We were down there for the grand opening and were lucky enough to get front-row seats to the island’s one-off firework display – what a view that was!
Whether you’re in the mood to laugh or jam along to your favourite tunes, the island’s line-up of live performances will not disappoint.
- Enjoy free concerts with a view on the 21st & 28th March.
- Get your laugh on at the stand-up comedy night on the 16th March.
- Watch fictive slam poetry on stage on the 30th March.
- Sing along to your fave tunes at open mic nights on the 15th, 22nd & 29th March.
For a detailed list of all ‘Open Gallery’ events, dates and timings, flick to the full schedule on the Bluewaters website.
We’ll be back at Bluewaters in April for ‘Dance’ month, so stay tuned!