Think you have what it takes to be the next Ronaldo or Messi? Get ready to put your footie skills to the ultimate test as WAFI’s Football Fever competition kicks off this DSS 2018. Shop, play, get your golden key, and win instant prizes! Did we mention there’s a grand prize up for grabs too?! May the best player win…
Football Fever at WAFI
You can find the Football Fever activation in the centre of WAFI until August 4, right in front of the main entrance.
- Football Fever involves four different challenges that need to be completed within a time limit.
- Once all four challenges are complete and you have collected four green stamps, you will receive a golden key which opens up a locker.
- If the locker opens, you win instant prizes.
- There will also be a grand prize (details below) for the highest scorer on the leaderboard.
How can I play?
- To play the game, you need to present a receipt showing a minimum spend of AED 100. This can be from any outlet at WAFI, including The Square Cafe, The One, Marks & Spencer, Matalan, The Body Shop or the newly-opened Carrefour.
- After registering, each player receives a score card on which you get a green stamp every time you pass a challenge.
- There are four challenges in total and you have one minute to complete each one. You have multiple chances to pass each challenge so don’t worry if you’re unable to complete it on the first try.
- To get a golden key, you will need to collect all 4 green stamps – one stamp from each challenge.
What games are there?
There are four challenges in total and you have one minute to complete each one! The challenges are…
- The Shooting Challenge: You must aim and kick three footballs into the holes in the wall, all in under one minute. Too easy? Try shooting the balls in with a trick shot!
- The Throw-in Challenge: Holding the football behind your head, you need to do 3 throw-ins and get the balls into the cans.
- The Chip Challenge: Use your football skills to get the ball up in the air and flying through a hexagon-shaped ring. Oh, and there’s a barrier in between…
- The Saving Challenge: Now it’s time to defend your goal. Get ready to jump, dive and block as you stop the balls from reaching the net!
How do I win prizes?
After all four challenges are completed successfully, the next step is to head to the lockers. Here’s what you need to do:
- Take your score card to one of the two lockers at either the Khan Murjan Souk or near Wafi Gourmet
- Pull out a locker key from the bowl and choose a locker to open
If the locker opens, you win instant prizes (we walked away with a AED 200 voucher to spend at the Khan Murjan Souk!) If not, you can try again by:
- Playing a fun virtual reality football game and sharing it on social media using the hashtags #FootballFeveratWAFI and #DSSatWAFI
- Answering a WAFI trivia question
- Upload a fan selfie at the selfie booth, where you can virtually paint your face with your favourite team’s flag! Remember to use the hashtags #FootballFeveratWAFI and #DSSatWAFI
The fun doesn’t end there… Bring your football-loving friends and family along to compete with them. You can play the game as many times as you like to win more golden keys and reach the top of the leaderboard. On the 4th August, the highest scorer on the leaderboard will win a grand prize!
So, what is this mystery grand prize?
The grand prize is a hospitality package for two to see the Manchester City vs Arsenal game at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester, England, on February 2nd 2019; this package also includes a return flight and hotel stay. Now, that’s one lucky winner…
Don’t miss the ‘Football Fever Fiesta’
As well as the awesome Football Fever competition, WAFI is also offering family-friendly activities across the entire weekend in celebration of the World Cup finals. The ‘Football Fever Fiesta’ is set to feature everything from arts and crafts to face painting for the little ones!
There will even be a costume competition on July 13-14 where kids can dress up as their favourite country for a chance to win an AED 1,000 cash prize! The competition will take place from 4-5pm, followed by a live screening of the matches at WAFI’s food court, Khan Murjan Restaurant or Carter’s. Oh, and don’t forget to check out the special offers at WAFI this DSS!
This Dubai Summer Surprises 2018, WAFI is the place to be! This family-friendly destination has fun for all ages – you can shop, dine, play games and watch the FIFA World Cup matches all under one roof at WAFI.
For more info about ‘Football Fever’ at WAFI, check out the WAFI website.