Say konichiwa to a new Japanese hotspot as Morimoto launches a Friday brunch in Dubai that feels like a trip to the Far East. From kimono-clad servers to a giant bonzai climbing through the restaurant’s two floors, expect the party vibes to kick off at the homemade sake station!
Want to have brunch in the clouds? You’ll get pretty close at the rooftop terrace with views of Business Bay from the 23rd floor. Oh, and don’t forget to bring an appetite because the menu was designed by celebrity Chef Morimoto – best known as the star of Iron Chef. Ready to explore Japan on your doorstep?
That’s how we sushi roll
Chef Morimoto is famous for infusing traditional Japanese dishes with Western ingredients, so expect a fusion of flavors that come together beautifully. Here’s what you’ll love…
- Sushi counter: Sushi, sashimi, salmon and tuna poké, nigiri, oysters – it doesn’t take much to get lost at the counter while piling your plate with fresh seafood prepared on-the-spot.
- Live kitchen stations: From sweet potato tempura to tuna pizza, dumplings and must-try Morimoto tacos, you’ll find a range of favorites being served. Oh, and if you love dipping sauces, don’t miss the kochujan mayo and wasabi aioli – they taste incredible.
- Main course delights: Take your pick from three main courses served straight to the table, including braised black cod, grilled steak and our personal fave, the angry chicken that comes with a spicy kick.
Satisfy your sweet-tooth
Dessert time at Morimoto Dubai is a celebrated affair (which we really can’t argue with), so get ready for unique sweet creations that are designed to dazzle:
- Dessert platter: Every table is served a giant platter filled with fresh exotic fruits and selections like chocolate forest cake, cheesecake souffle, tropical fruit parfait and red wine sorbet.
- Frozen donuts: These donut-shaped ice cream concoctions come in citrus and charcoal sesame flavors – and they’re a lot of fun to eat!
Meet me at the sake station
If you’re new to discovering the delights of Japanese-infused bevvies, Morimoto is a perfect introduction. Here’s what you should try…
- Sake station: Grab a cup of infused Japanese beverage made with lychee and grapefruit steeped overnight in sake – it’s light and unlike any sake you’ve ever had.
- Zodiac Mixed Drinks: Ever wanted a drink based on your star sign? Try the refreshingly zingy inu or the sweet and sour tori, both part of Morimoto Dubai’s impressive drinks list designed by International Bartender of the Year 2017 – Shingo Gokan.
- ‘Innocent’ drinks: Sample a handful of mocktails including yuzu mixed with agave nectar and shiso – bursting with fruity flavor.
Keep the after-party vibes going
Once the DJ puts on his dragon mask, you’ll know the party is officially on. The after-brunch party continues with live beats outside on the terrace where you’ll get incredible views of Downtown Dubai… including a front-row seat to Burj Khalifa.
Ready to take a first-class foodie trip to trendy Japan?!
What: Morimoto brunch
When: Every Friday, from 12:30pm to 4pm
Where: Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai
• AED 350 with soft drinks and tea
• AED 499 with house beverages, Zodiac mixed drinks and Japanese infusions
• AED 650 with French bubbles and premium Japanese beverages
For bookings and reservations, you can get in touch with Morimoto Dubai by calling +971 4 512 5577 or emailing email@example.com