Music sessions, techie workshops, free scooter rides — this year’s STEP 2019 came back big! From homegrown artists performing at Pepsi Sunset Sessions to appearances from big-name influencers, we headed down to Dubai Internet City for the two-day event to scope out everything on offer. Here’s what went down…
Pepsi hosted some really cool attractions
One of our favorite places to chill out at STEP 2019 was the Pepsi platform — and not just because of the freebie drinks! Here are a few highlights that made it a popular stop-off for visitors…
- Pepsi Sunset Sessions: Live DJs were on hand to keep the crowds grooving during Pepsi Sunset Sessions — because who doesn’t love old-school anthem vibes?!
- Workshops for foodies: Cooking influencer Hala Ayash showed the crowds how to make healthy snacks at the Aquafina booth, including low-cal smoothies and soups — they were a big hit!
- Live-stream gaming: Popular Saudi gamer Abdulrehman showed off his skills to his countless YouTube followers by live-streaming himself playing Apex Legends at theMountain Dew Game Fuel space.
- Snapchat photo booth: With fun and funky filters at the ready, the Snapchat photo booth gave visitors a chance to print up photos on the spot.
- Yoga mornings: The Pepsi platform transformed into an outdoor yoga studio with a morning session following by breakfast — it was a great way to kick off the day!
There was an Aston Martin… split in half
The sight of a pimped out Aston Martin with half its body gutted — and the other half in showroom condition — was enough to stop everybody in their tracks at STEP. While it made for a cool effect, it broke the hearts of motorheads everywhere.
Giant unicorn floaties took over the lake
No matter where you were standing in Dubai Internet City during STEP 2019, you couldn’t miss the giant unicorns floating in the water. The colorful mascots added a bit of fun to the event — even if we weren’t allowed to ride them ourselves.
Free electric scooter rides
While you might have already seen them stationed around the DIFC/Downtown district, a wave of new electric scooters are about to descend on Dubai — and they were put on full spotlight at STEP 2019. All guests were invited to test out the zippy scooters for free… take it from us, they’re super fun!
Got a favorite moment from STEP 2019? Share it with us!