Every New Year’s Eve in Dubai, the dazzling fireworks at Burj Khalifa tend to monopolize the spotlight… and rightly so. But it looks like RAK is stepping things up with a record-breaking show of their own. Check this out…
RAK wants to break a Guinness World Record on NYE
Ras Al Khaimah has its eyes on a Guinness World Record this New Year’s Eve with plans for an epic 12-minute fireworks display on Al Marjan Island. Last year, the emirate broke the record for “Largest Aerial Firework Shell”… so we’ll have to wait and see what surprises are in store this time around.
Everything to know before you head to RAK on NYE
- Festivities kick off from 5pm on 31 December until 2am on 1 January — with FREE ENTRY
- Visitors can watch the fireworks from three different viewing areas: Al Marjan Island, Al Hamra Village and Al Shohadah Street
- There will be special parking areas with 27,000 free spaces available, along with extra feeder buses available from Al Hamra, Mina Al Arab and Ras Al Khaimah city to the event.
- Family-friendly activities include roaming entertainers, clowns handing out free balloons, inflatable games, face painting and live musical performances.
- Guests can also enjoy a range of food trucks, ice cream salons and lemonade corners.