Ahoy! Pirates have taken over Dubai Festival City Mall and they’re inviting you to come down and join their crew. Running until the end of April, ‘Pirates of the Bay’ at Festival Bay is offering an exciting host of events for the whole family to enjoy. From an all-new, pirate-themed IMAGINE show to an outdoor Pirate Playground filled with fun obstacles for the little ones, this is the perfect way to spend your winter days in Dubai. Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect…
Interactive play zones for kids
Treat the kids to some fun-filled outdoor playtime while you kick back and enjoy the view in the chill-out zone. Sounds tempting, right?! The kids’ interactive play zones include:
- Sand Play Zone… where little ones can enjoy a sandy session in a beach-style play area (you’ll just need to present any receipt from the mall to enter).
- Chill-Out Zone… is made up of comfy lounge-style seats where parents can unwind with a snack from one of the food stalls.
- Kids Play Gym… is a FREE interactive pirate-themed jungle gym for kids.
Hop on board a 13-metre high pirate ship
The entire Festival Bay has transformed into what looks like a shipwreck, with everything from a massive captain’s ship to impressive bridges and archway structures. Don’t leave without checking out:
- Octophoto: This six-metre high octopus is the perfect spot for a photo opportunity.
- Pirate Ship: Hop on board the 13-metre high pirate ship and snap some Insta-worthy selfies from the viewing deck.
Food stalls and retail kiosks
As well as the awesome activities, you’ll also find a number of must-try foodie and shopping kiosks at Festival Bay. From Holland House Mini Pancakes and The Fish House to Booktopia and Build-A-Bear, this is the perfect way to kill some time while the kids enjoy the play zones.
Pirate-themed IMAGINE show
Dubai Festival City Mall’s all-new IMAGINE show, ‘A Pirate’s Tale’, tells the story of a battle between pirates and a Dubai pearl diver in search of a precious ring. Watch as these characters are brought to life through cannon ball effects, laser, light and impressive animation projection. Will they find the emerald ring? Head down to Festival Bay from 7pm (daily) to find out!
When: Daily until 30 April, 2019
Where: Festival Bay, Dubai Festival City Mall
- Face painters: Every weekday, from 4pm to mall closing
- Arts & Crafts: Every weekday, from 4pm to mall closing
- Sand Zone and Kids Play: Daily, from 3pm to mall closing
For more info about the ‘Pirates of the Bay’, visit the Dubai Festival City Mall website.