Back in January, we scared our Editor-in-Chief senseless when we harnessed her to the Dubai Marina XLine as a birthday surpise (FYI: it was comical). This Ramadan, it was her turn to challenge two team members to light up the sky as part of the #DareToDonate campaign, and you can see the outcome in the video above!
In support of the Al Jalila Foundation, XDubai has launched XLine night rides for Ramadan… and 100% of the proceeds go to the Al Jalila Foundation! The night rides are only available for a limited time, so it’s time to take to the sky for a really good cause. Here’s how…
#DareToDonate during Ramadan
The night rides are part of XDubai’s #DareToDonate campaign in support of Al Jalila Foundation. Here are the need-to-know details:
- The special night rides are available from 8pm to 9.30pm on Wednesday 30 May, Wednesday 6 June and Wednesday 13 June
- The XLine night rides cost AED 850 per person
- 100% of the proceeds will be given to the Al Jalila Foundation
- Book your XLine night ride here
XLine Dubai Marina info:
- XLine Dubai Marina is the longest urban zipline in the world.
- The zipline runs 1-kilometre across the Dubai Marina.
- Riders can expect to reach top speeds of 60kph in under 2.5 seconds after launch. You’ll fly above water and land on the roof of Marina Mall when finished.
- XLine features a tandem zipline for 2 riders to journey together.
- You won’t be harnessed upright… instead you’ll be hoisted superman-style!
- You cannot bring your own cameras or selfie-sticks on this zipline. However, you will have a GoPro attached to your helmet, and you’ll receives photos plus a video that showcase your XLine Dubai experience!
Want to know more about Al Jalila Foundation?
Al Jalila Foundation was founded in 2013 by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai. The foundation is dedicated to positioning the UAE at the forefront of medical research and education. The foundation is fully funded by the generosity of donors, so you’re contribution through the XLine experience will go a long way to helping others. 100% of funds donated to the foundation are invested into medical research, education and treatment in the UAE.