Love a bit of DIY creativity? We do too! HP recently sent us a printer for every type of person, so we decided to see how much time and money we could save by spending one afternoon using printers to make everything… instead of spending money at the mall!
The Printer Hacks
We challenged our Deputy Editor to come up with as many cool and creative ways to get the most out of the HP Sprocket, the HP Deskjet (All-in-one) and HP Ink Tank. Here’s her creative and crafty ways of avoiding the mall… and apparently, it’s also very therapeutic!
- Print professional patterns and make origami for your creative space (or your kids’ enjoyment!)… using the HP Deskjet All-in-One
- Forget paying for professional photo developing at the mall; print high-quality pictures and slot them into frames to decorate your home with the HP Deskjet All-in-One
- Don’t let your photos get lost on your phone; create on-the-go scrapbooks of your favourite memories using the HP Sprocket
- Forget paying the big bucks for expensive stationery; create your own personalised notebooks and all your school supplies using the HP Ink Tank
- Personalise your office space with funky table planners and calendars using the HP Ink Tank
The Printer Prices
HP Sprocket… for mobile printing on the go!
If you’re looking for an easy and convenient way to print on-the-go, you’ll love the HP Sprocket. This portable smart phone printer lets you instantly print photos directly from your phone, hassle free! The best part? The printer is pocket-size so it can easily fit in your handbag or carry-on. Want to know more? We recently put the HP Sprocket Printer to a gadget test to see if it actually lives up to all the hype…
- Great for: Your photo-obsessed friends looking to create a photo scrapbook of all their travel adventures.
- Printer tip: You can login to Instagram directly and print those Insta-worthy photos in seconds!
- Printer Price: AED 399
HP Deskjet… for affordable quality!
Convenient, incredibly affordable and easy to use, the HP Deskjet printers were made for all your home printing needs. Not only do they look super funky, they’re also small in size so they won’t take up too much space. We got creative with the HP Deskjet 2630 (All-in-one) and printed out some of our fave photos and quotes to hang up around the house. Another great option from the HP Deskjet series is the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3785 (All-in-one) which actually happens to be the world’s smallest all-in-one printer!
- Great for: Craft lovers wanting to decorate their home or office.
- Printer tip: If you’re looking for even better-quality printing, you can use card stock paper or photo paper to print on.
- Printer Price: AED 169 for the HP Deskjet 2630 (All-in-One) and AED 268 for the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3785
HP Ink Tank… for high-volume printing!
It’s not everyday you come across a printer that can print up to 8,000 colour pages or 15,000 black pages! Particularly great for offices and schools, the HP Ink Tank lets you print thousands of pages using the same ink tank – no cartridges required! We got our hands on the HP Ink Tank Wireless 415 to show you just how reliable and efficient it is for the everyday person.
- Great for: Teachers and families looking to print personalised worksheets, weekly desk planners, name tags, bookmarks and more. There are plenty of funky templates online so there really is no effort required!
- Printer tip: When the ink levels start running low, you can order more directly via the HP Smart app (Google Play download and iTunes download).
- Printer price: AED 599
Want to get your hands on one of these printers? GITEX Shopper Dubai kicks off from October 2nd with plenty of awesome bargains to choose from! Alternatively, you can visit the HP Middle East website for prices and more info about each printer.