Dubai Design Week will take place from November 13 to 18, in Dubai Design District (d3) and across various locations in the emirate.
The event programme of contemporary design will see the return of the Global Grad Show, Iconic City, ABWAB, and the design trade fair Downtown Design. Alongside a programme of talks and workshops lead by local and international industry experts.
Dubai Design Week is back…
The 2017 #DXBDW will see over 200 activities staged in locations across the city. The FREE-TO-ATTEND, six-day event will attract designers, architects and creatives with programme highlights including:
- The fifth edition of Downtown Design trade show will feature 150 contemporary design brands from 25 countries.
- Global Grad Show: 200 of the brightest ideas brought to Dubai from 90 universities across 40 countries
- Abwab, returning with a pavilion designed by Fahed + Architects using recovered bedsprings to create a showcase structure for 45 products by designers from across the region
- A programme of over 90 events taking place at d3, the hub of Dubai Design Week
- Original content staged by over 80 businesses, designers and organisations across the city including venues such as Etihad Museum, DIFC and Hamdan Bin Mohammad Heritage Centre
- Talks programme led by Sir David Adjaye, one of the world’s most influential architects, Mauro Porcini, PepsiCo Chief Design Officer, and Elmar Mock, inventor of the Swatch Watch
Credit: Dubai Design Week