With temperatures over Eid weekend set to soar up to 50°C and humidity reaching uncomfortable levels — along with dusty conditions — it’s important for residents to be prepared for summer weather in UAE. Here are a few safety tips that you should follow…
Safety tips to beat the heat
UAE authorities have shared a few pointers on ways to stay safe in the heat — particularly for drivers. Check them out:
- During Summer the following should not be kept in cars: food, lighters, soft drinks, perfumes and batteries, along with general devices.
- Car windows must be opened slightly.
- Fill your car fuel tank in the evening, and do not fill it completely.
- Do not over-inflate your car tires.
- Drink enough water that you never become thirsty. Avoid drinks with caffeine, alcohol, or large amounts of sugar.
- Avoid direct sun exposure; use sunscreen with a mid-range SPF.
- Wear loose, comfy clothing.